[TYPO3-ttnews] Make ext:news detail view show most recent item when no id given

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Tue Aug 28 23:21:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to make the extbase news extension show the most recent article in
the detail view, as a default value when no id is given, but I can't find a nice
way to do this.

The ugly way to achieve this would be similar to how you would solve this with
tt_news:

[PIDinRootline = 11] && [globalVar = GP:tx_news_pi1|news=]
lib.content.main >
lib.content.main = CONTENT
	table = tx_news_domain_model_news
	select {
		pidInList = 4
		orderBy = tx_news_domain_model_news.datetime DESC
		max = 1
	}
	renderObj = COA
	renderObj {
[end]

But tt_news provided a default rendering definition, and news doesn't (as far as
I know), and I wouldn't like to duplicate the entire singleview template in a TS
renderObj...

Another way to handle this would be by setting

plugin.tx_news.settings {
	singleNews = CONTENT
	singleNews {
		table = tx_news_domain_model_news
		select {
			pidInList = 4
			orderBy = tx_news_domain_model_news.datetime DESC
			max = 1
		}
		renderObj = TEXT
		renderObj.field = uid

but the settings in tx_news unfortunately dont support stdWrap, so this won't
work without hacking tx_news.

So what's the good way to handle this?

Thanks,
Loek