[TYPO3-ttnews] Security warning for tx_news trunk version

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Mon Apr 9 11:33:06 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm running TYPO3 4.5.13 with tx_news trunk version installed about 2
weeks ago after trying the official release 1.3.2 which had some
localization problems. The trunk version identifies itself as version
1.3.1 in the ext. Manager (probably version number was not increased for
trunk version). The extension works fine.

Within the last 2 weeks I applied some patches from the issue tracker.

Now I have a perfectly working news system -- but I get a warning on
every BE login (check status report), saying:

Security status of installed extensions

1 insecure extension(s) found

The following extensions are insecure and usage might damage your
system. Please update these extensions as soon as possible or remove
them from your system:

news (version 1.3.1)

Is there a reason for this message except the fact that I am using a
trunk version?

Kind regards,

Thomas Skierlo