[TYPO3-ttnews] took a look at news

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:05:25 CEST 2011

Hi all/Georg

>> So it looks promising. I will install this on the production server
>> right away (tomorrow it will be live ;-) for 1 website so tt_news is
>> gone on that website and start digging into news (locally) to learn
>> the same things we learned the last 5 years about tt_news.
>
>awesome!

It's already live, see:
http://www.geefgratis.nl/over-ons/persberichten/

>> I assume it's okay to ask some questions about news if I can't find
>> the answers directly in this newsgroup or in the manual?
>
>For sure!

One question without reading the manual until now. Watch this url:
http://www.geefgratis.nl/nc/internet-concepten/

You see the lates news in the lower part of the left column. If you
click on a news item you still stay on the same page but I entered in
the plugin settings at the Additional tab: PageId for single news
display: Persbericht [81] so I assumed clicking on a news item wil
transfer you to the individual newsitem on the Persbericht [81] page
but it doesn't. Any suggestions on this?

So as you can see I don't mind to put things into production without
knowing it first but of course I have to learn the whole extension as
I did with tt_news for the last 5 years. For now it's okay as it is.

Regards
Jordan