[TYPO3-ttnews] Switch to news2

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 17:28:51 CEST 2011

Hi Ben,

Thanks for this nice answer. This is how we all should look at it.

You always know how to answer a delicate question from a TYPO3 user.
Thanks for this.

But there is also a side note. The people behind TYPO3 don't mind the
CMS system to be not 'simple and easy'.

You even say: it never will be a 'simple and easy' system

Why is that?

Shouldn't it be important for a CMS system to be as simple and easy as
possible?

As everyone knows TYPO3 is flexible and a great CMS but far from
simple and easy. I think the core developers should do everything they
can to make TYPO3 v5 more simple and easy compared to its predecessor
TYPO3 v4. This is the first thing I will look at when TYPO3 v5
arrives.

If TYPO3 won't become more simple and easierto use  in future I think
even the bigger companies that are using TYPO3 now will look beyond
TYPO3. Not just a simple guy like me that has a nice private website
and some other websites. I really think the bigger companies will look
beyond TYPO3. I know that one of the bigger companies I work for is
already looking for alternatives.

Don't forget "the cloud". New and established CMS systems will come to
the cloud with a click of a button shortly (< 2 years). TYPO3 should
think about this also. If it's not simple and easy how will it ever
work in the cloud? People are used to cloud solutions as plain simple
and easy. Look at dropbox for example..... If those companies suddenly
have to start learning things like TS they will most likely go on to
the next CMS in the cloud solution that does the job with a click of
the mouse. More and more solutions are based on 'simple and easy' to
use. Don't forget this please.

Regards
Jordan

>>> Robert