[TYPO3-ttnews] Switch to news2

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Sat Sep 17 18:26:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 17.09.2011 16:26, schrieb Jan Bartels:
> Am 17.09.2011 12:25, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> - news can import tt_news records
> Importing records is one thing. Is there an upgrade-wizzard for the
> FE-plugins as well?

upgrade wizard can't be done because news is not an upgrade of tt_news.

What you mean is a kind of copy to new plugin or something like that.

> Would it be possible at least in theory? We have a
> great number of plugins all over our site and it would require great
> effort to convert them manually.

absolutly possible but I didn't do that for those reasons:
- I didn't need it
- I even didn't needed the migration of records but Nikolas did (who got
many news records but not many plugins)
- Therefore I got no use case = no test material
- I didn't see it as that important (for me) because you need to write
perfect code for a one-time thing which is only needed for not so many
people

If you need it, write me a mail but you need to know that at least
sponsoring must be done for that.

> I must admit that I haven't had a look at news so far and wasn't aware
> that it's considered production-stable already.

I am using it already since alpha ;) but yes it is absolutly
production-stable.

Georg