[TYPO3-ttnews] Switch to news

Sy Moen josiah.moen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:46:20 CEST 2011

Man, they had this discussion years ago... something like, "Should TYPO3 be
phpNuke or more of a framework?" The answer was a framework. That's not
going to change. No one asks why Zen doesn't ship with a news module (they
do ask why it doesn't ship with decent framework tools, but that's another
issue, heh).

What this really means, is, "Write your own news extension... and if you
can, share it."

Not sure about you, maybe all your food comes from the soup kitchen down the
street, but almost everyone else's comes from buying food at the grocery.
This means they do the work that they are paid to do. In their free time
they do what they *want* to do. I am sure its the same for you.

So, submit your feature request, and pony up or shut up.

In the mean time, wordpress works as a great news platform, and tt_news is
still a completely competent piece of software.

I'll be quiet now, before the troll hunters come. IMO, you should too.