[TYPO3-ttnews] ext:news - list view - how to display items in two columns?

Stefan Kaufmann kaufmann at dwwd.ch
Sat Oct 1 12:46:13 CEST 2011

I did some more research and tried the following CSS:

/* list + search + latest view */

.news .news-list-view {
     padding-bottom: 15px;
     margin-bottom: 20px;
     width: 800px;
     }

.news article {
      padding-bottom: 15px;
     margin-bottom: 20px;
     width: 350px;
     float: left;
     }

The .news-list-view is now restricted to 800px. This works.
But the .news article still doesn't float. They are still displayed in
one column.
What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for your tip.
Stefan