[TYPO3-ttnews] news: using localized news records

Felix Nagel lists at felixnagel.com
Tue Nov 22 18:01:55 CET 2011

Hey there,

I found a solution to my problem: I need to add a alternative page
language record to the sysfolder. I was not aware this is needed for
sysfolders, too.

After adding the alt. page language using the language select on top of
the flexform (next to the ? icon, the one with the "English [new]"
option) creates a proper connection between the created localized record
and the original (default language) record. Before adding the
alternative page language record this only changed the "inline language
selector" next to the hide checkbox but missed the connection between
both records.

Any comment on my proposed SQL snippet which enables you to use
localized records without a default language record? This seems like a
real disadvantage in extbase and therefor news.

ps: the localizing features for content elements works pretty nice
except for the media relation (which loses the type and choosen items).

--
Regards
Felix Nagel