[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news, death only somewhat exaggerated...

Sy Moen josiah.moen at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:57:09 CEST 2011

Hey, there are like, a million bug reports and quite a few submitted patches
for tt_news... and I am sure that news2 will also have a very high level of
bug reports and feature requests...

SVN and a single "owner" developer is a terrible way to handle this. Already
there should / could be a dev fork or two of tt_news in github, but no one
wants to kill the main trunk, so (I think) out of deference to Rupi (to whom
much thanks is owed) and the established system, they / we have not forked
it, and are waiting for fixes from on high.

I would like to request that tt_news and news2 be placed in a git repository
(not necessarily the main TYPO3 git repo, but at least to use git) so that
all interested developers can more easily make fixes, feature updates,
etc... SVN is just too freaking difficult to use if you want to maintain
more than one production branch, and these extensions are too widely used to
be dependent on a single production branch.