[TYPO3-ttnews] Using 2 LIST plugins on the same page

Lily Wong lily.wong at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 22 16:13:10 CET 2011

Hi tt_news group,

I'm having some trouble with the LIST/LATEST plugins. On one
particular page, I would like to use two plugins, with each plugin
using a different template. Both plugins will display the same news
records.

- Plugin #1 will be in LIST view and this template will display only
the news record's ###TITLE### marker.

- Plugin #2 will be in LIST view and this template will display the
same news records as Plugin #2, but a more expanded version of the
information.

So on the front-end, this page should resemble a "table of contents"
style listing of the news records via Plugin #1, and then below, an
expanded listing of the same news records via Plugin #2.

What's happening right now is that Plugin #2 returns a "no news in
this list" error message. Is the method of using two LIST plugins the
incorrect way to implement this table of contents + expanded view
page? Is there TS that I can use to configure the two plugins?

I tried using the "excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews" TS option but the "no
news in this list" error did not change.

Thank you,
Lily
lily.wong at utoronto.ca