[TYPO3-ttnews] Thoughts about news2

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Sun Jan 9 14:36:46 CET 2011

Hi Georg,

On 07.01.2011 08:04, Georg Ringer wrote:
> You want to have a "enable in lightbox" for every image"?

The behaviour should be switchable depending on news type: When
displaying an "external link"-news with a PDF as target AND image, it
should still link to the PDF. But for any other news type it should open
a lightbox.

> There will be no more LIST vs LATEST but only a list view. Whenever you
> need to display news with a specific date range, there is a field in the
> plugin to set something like "-3 weeks 3 days" and you will get all news
> with are max 24 days old.

Sounds great, as long as it still allows not to display "future" news
I'm fine with my use case.

>> - Some kind of native "Link to file"-support would be helpful for me: If
>> you just want to notify about a new file that provides also an image
>> (such as a PDF), you have to use the type "external link" today and you
>> need to assign the same file as image. An easy way to simply select a
>> target file that's used both as link target and image/media file could
>> help a lot.
> there is a seperate relation to files. Of course you can refer to those
> files in the list view too by something like
> <f:if condition="newsItem.relatedFiles">
> 	<f:then>
> 		show the files
> 	</f:then>
> 	<f:else>
> 		do the usual stuff
> 	</f:else>
> </f:if>

OK, one more thing to learn with fluid...

>>> And, not to forget: Ideas how to help Georg are welcome as well!
> unit tests ;)

That's already on my list of "what to learn with extbase/fluid" :-)

Thomas