[TYPO3-ttnews] Thoughts about news2

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Sat Jan 8 07:57:57 CET 2011

Hi,
Am 07.01.2011 18:58, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> Basicly 2 Views (Search and the other stuff is deprecated in my opinion):

ah of course there is already a search implemented, which is very cool
with extbase btw because you can search for every relation without a
problem, e.g. the category title

>   * List (pager support)

done

> Technical
>   * fluid based templates (should be through extbase)

done

>   * advanced filtering api for ts / assistent in flexform

kind of done

>   * API to get news in other plugins e.g. for EXT:cal
>     (should be solved with extbase repo)

If you take a look at
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/news2/trunk/Classes/Domain/Repository/NewsRepository.php

this is alread implemented because you got functions like
--------
$constraints[] = $this->getArchiveRestriction($query);
$constraints[] = $this->getCategoryRestriction($query);
$constraints[] = $this->getAdditionalCategoryRestriction($query);
-----

those are filled inside the controller (but could also be filled from
where you get news records) with:
----------
$this->newsRepository->setCategories($this->settings['category']);
$this->newsRepository->setCategorySettings($this->settings['categoryMode']);
$this->newsRepository->setTopNewsRestriction($this->settings['topNews']);
$this->newsRepository->setArchiveSettings($this->settings['archive']);
----------

>   * configured templates should be selectable in flexform ;)

not yet done

> Fields:
>   * relations
> 	* cal
> 	* locations (e.g. tt_adress)
> 	* persons (e.g. tt_adress)
> 	* contentelements (best would be with rendering)

I don't see a need for those for version 1

> If there is enough time there should be:
>   * compatibility to a guestbook / forum / rating system.

IMO there is one extbase based comment extension. and comments should
work out of the box. no need for news2

>   * possibility to send news from fe
>     (with review and preset / forced values)

I asked already someone to make this possible

Georg