[TYPO3-ttnews] restrict access to news through their assigned category

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Mon Feb 7 19:04:57 CET 2011

Hi Alex,

alex widschwendter wrote:

> Am 07.02.2011 18:06, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> hi philipp,
>

>>> i just wanted to know if it is possible to restrict access to news items
>>> through the assigned category. the docu[1] says yes, but i can't believe
>>> it, since i couldn't get it to work in a lot of different news versions
>>> including 3.0.1.
>>
>> It worked for me showing news of one categorie only (3.0.1).
>
> i have the following setup:
>
> 1) a category "internal" with access settings to some fe_user group
> 2) the newsitem has assigned the category "internal".

I had exactly the same setup ;)

> so the news item must not be displayed as long as no user from the
> assigned fe_group is logged in.
>
> this works for you?
> if yes. maybe you can rember a special setting/TS you had to make?
>
> maybe you are so kind to describe your setup?

For TS --> I don't know...
For content element:
Change the dropdown to exclude selected categories (default is to ignore
selection). Add the internal category. --> Just worked fine.

To show the records, select the opposite in the dropdown (display only news
with selected categories).

I think, I did not add access restrictions to the category itself, instead I
had the list view for the internal category on an access restricted page.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe