[TYPO3-ttnews] news2 - article

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at hotmail-no-spam.com
Fri Feb 4 17:32:38 CET 2011

On 2011-02-01 14:34, Krystian Szymukowicz wrote:

>> ...but would it be better to make this extension more general "article
>> system"?

>> Old tt_news was used by many people in so many different solution that
>> have nothing to do with "news" system.

> I just even thought about using "Record" instead of "Article" so we
> would could have a "general records managment application".

I think we all agree that tt_news is the current TYPO3 Swiss Army knife
solution for many different things. Many features makes it great:
Multiple categories, many listings possible, archives and RSS generation
to name a few.

I used tt_news for "Job postings" on many sites because of the
mentionned points. All I had to do was putting some TSconfig on
sysfolders and editors didn't even realize it was tt_news behind the scene.

So having internally "records" or "articles" seems like a good idea as
long as the BE offer default "news" values.

I didn't test news2 yet but having a BE module to set those a bit like
the Constant Editor for TS would be great from a usability standpoint.
Not that I need it myself...

Patrick