[TYPO3-ttnews] news2 - article

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k at prolabium.com
Tue Feb 1 21:25:22 CET 2011

W dniu 2011-02-01 21:04, Georg Ringer pisze:
> Hi,
>
> thx for your input.
>
>> I just even thought about using "Record" instead of "Article" so we
>> would could have a "general records managment application".
>
> Please create a record "Record". I don't like that.

Well. It will be only called "Record" in the php code. Whenever user
will see that in BE it will be called "News" / "Article" / "Some Other
type of record". So you never create record "Record".

> Furthermore please  don't forget that even if tt_news has been used for many other things,
> the default fields are about news/articles and that won't change!
>
> News2 should/will also be used mainly to show records, based on categories.
>
>> So by replacing some locallang_db.xml labels one can use it as a fast
>> solution for "car database system" or "cellphone database".
>
> You can rename the fields also later on by using a hook of the core. I
> don't see how news2 or tt_news can be used for a cellphone database as
> this would mean having many extra fields and not using many default
> fields. IMO this has been done with tT_news because people can't/won't
> code and not because tt_news is such a great tool.

This is because the speed I thing.

Why should I create all flexforms, all the options that are the same in
all aplication (like show page browser / records per page / pid /
category / SINGLE VIEW, LIST1, LIST2 etc.). Make it also language aware
with labels and you put a lot of time in the "base" that is the same in
almost all record managment applications.

Just waste of time.

I know it would be the best but not all clients have so many funds to
pay for the application made from scratch to his model.

>> And still have the php code relevenat becase he has general Record
>> entity (instead of News or Article)
>
> Extending news2 will be still easy as you can just call the
> repository,... from news2.

So :)  Could news2 call the repository of general entity "Record" ? ;)
Ok. Just a kidding. You right let the news be news :)

I belive sooner or later there will be some general record managment
application in extbase. (also as a starter for real model)

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz