[TYPO3-ttnews] Cache problem with more than one instances of tt_news in a page

Dionysios Fragkopoulos dfragos at ee.auth.gr
Mon Dec 12 10:43:32 CET 2011

I am making some tests with nc_staticfilecache. The installation is clean,
meaning that only tt_news (3.1.0) and nc_staticfilecache (2.3.4) are
installed using the 4.6.1 Typo3 version. TT_news is configured to run as
USER, not as USER_INT and allowcaching is enabled.

Out of my tests I found that if a page has more than one instances of
tt_news, then the page reports that no cache is true. Furthermore, if one
of the two tt_news instances is removed from the page, the page is still
marked as non cached (even if all two instances get deleted, the problem
remains).

In order to reproduce, create an empty page, create a Latest instance.
Then the cache of the page works properly. Add a second Latest instance,
then the page is marked as non cached. Delete the two instances, then the
page still reports that no cache for the page is true.

The options of the page (Edit) in all stages (even after removing the two
instances) are Cache Lifetime->Default and Cache(Disable)->(not-checked)

So, I can see two issues here, 1st that the page no_cache is true with two
instances of tt_news, and 2nd that the page no_cache remains true even if
tt_news elements get deleted.

I have already opened a bug issue http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=18378
since in either case it seems there is a bug.

It is not a bug of the nc_staticfilecache extension because it just reads
the output of isStaticCacheble from tslib_fe.

--
Dionysios Fragkopoulos