[TYPO3-ttnews] Hide news in default language but show translation?

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Wed Sep 8 21:21:42 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:58:41 +0200, Henrik Jahn wrote:

> some news articles on my multi language website do not exist in the
> default language.
> Hiding an article in default language hides the translations, too. Is
> there any chance to prevent this?

Properly not … without looking at the code … tt_news uses a lot of self-
made queries and does not use the TYPO3 API functions. This leads to
those kind of problems.
Note: Do not expect an updated version, this will properly never happen.

You could try to find the spots in code, where DB is asked and override
it with core API functions.

Best regards
Phil