[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news and archivedate

Pero Matic takoje at takoje.hr
Fri Jan 22 12:36:13 CET 2010

Hello. I asked this on typo3.english but didn't get usable answer. So this
is what i'd like to acomplish. I have lastest news and enableArchiveDate set
to 1. Now, if archivedate is not entered, news is still displayed in archive
and i don't want that. Is there a way not to display such news (those that
don't have archivedate) in archive?

I know there is this in manual:

"Starting from version 2.5.2 newsitems without archivedate will not be
displayed in the list of archived items if item is archived according
to other criterias (see bugs 3930, 3714). "

but i don't have other criterias so i'm not sure what is ment by that. When
my news editors decide some news is ready to be archived they can simply
enter archivedate for it. Thx. and regards!