[TYPO3-ttnews] Categories not selectable on LIST page after upgrade v2.5.2 to v3.0.1

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:43:32 CET 2010

Perhaps someone has an idea / suggestion why I no longer are able to
select categories after the upgrade from v2.5.2 to v3.0.1 tt_news.

What is the problem?

I want to put a listing (LIST) of tt_news items on a certain page
from a particular category but it is impossible to select a category,
see print screen:
http://www.jordanvanbergen.nl/fileadmin/helpdesk/typo3/ttnewsupdate/problem1_nocategories_toselect.gif
It looks like that there aren't any categories in the website database
but they do exist! See print screen:

http://www.jordanvanbergen.nl/fileadmin/helpdesk/typo3/ttnewsupdate/problem2_butcategories_doexist.gif
And within the individual newsitem I am able to select the categories.
We use subcategories within the main categories and they are
selectable per individual newsitem, see print screen:

http://www.jordanvanbergen.nl/fileadmin/helpdesk/typo3/ttnewsupdate/problem3_andcategoriesareselected.gif
So anyone know why on a certain page where you want a LIST of
tt_news items to show it's impossible to select the categories and why
they are NOT displayed on the page?

Some additional comments:
1. The database has multiple domain names and websites in 1
database
2. sysfolder with the tt_news records outside the domains / websites
3. LIST the settings on that page is sent to the
sysfolder made from 2 like you see in the print screen.
4. In sysfolder with news there are categories.
5. In Root page of a website in the database -> Edit page properties
-> Options -> General record storage page is set to the news sysfolder

I hope someone has a suggestion or idea?

Regards,
Jordan