[TYPO3-ttnews] Again tt_news! including bodytext in list view -> formatting

Robert M Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Fri Feb 5 18:54:08 CET 2010

Krystian - again thank you for your help and bearing with me! (There is
a favour in the end...)

You pointed out an important thing concerning the deletion of an object
and its new definition.

Nevertheless I had to go with the generic markers, since it just is not
possible the other way around.

Generic Markers are a nice and very welcome feature, but in this case
they are just doing the same work as the regular content element
NEWS_CONTENT (and therefore redundant).
(Using own markers requires to delete / not use the marker NEWS_CONTENT,
which I implemented manually since I wanted the list view...)

Using the markers has the disadvantage to not be able to use any of the
wraps for media or links (addInfo_stadWrap in single view and others in
list view...)

There are more things that I realized and I wonder if you have the same
experience:

The documentation says in the section ---> Display Settings for
“SINGLE”,”LIST” and “LATEST” <--- that there is a content_stdWrap, which
is responsible for rendering the bodytext.
But fact is that there is NO content_stdWrap for the listview! (Also
compare with the static.txt of the tt_news plugin.)

As a matter of fact, I am also missing any documentation on the newly
implemented generic markers in all the manuals that come with tt_news
3.0.1! So one has to look up for Georg Ringers extension...

Anyway, thanks to your help I could now solve that problem ina decent
manner. So a big thanks to you, Krystian!

Since you are so into tt_news, I would like to ask you to have a look
into my recent post "Integrating AMENU in HMENU". It is a very weird
problem, and - if you are interested in testing, I would very much like
to set up a testing enviroment for you.

Regards, Robert