[TYPO3-ttnews] Taking the date from original new item for translation

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Tue Feb 2 19:03:30 CET 2010

Hello,

i thought I get this done in less than an hour but now I am sitting here
for over two :-(

Let me explain:

If you create a news item, tt_new insert the current date into the
datetime field. This is fine.
After a couple of days an editor translate this item but now tt_news
insert the current date again (the date of this day where the editor
translate the item). As result you have the same news item in different
languages AND for different dates.

I want that tt_news insert the date from the default language into the
datetime field of the translation.

I already tried couple of changes in the tca.php like changing
'default' => mktime(date("H"),date("i"),0,date("m"),date("d"),date("Y"))
into
'default' => '0'

or changing the
'l10n_mode' => 'mergeIfNotBlank',
into exclude or noCopy

But nothing helps.

I think its could fixe by little bit UserTS Magic but I don´t see how to
start.

Hope someone could help.

Thanks in advance.
Stefano