[TYPO3-ttnews] archive menu (year) within main_menu: year won't show up

bob wild rowild at gmx.net
Tue Feb 2 11:38:57 CET 2010

Hi, list,

I desperately need your help!

(My setup: Typo3 4.3.1, tt_news 3.1)

I implemented a news archive menu (by year) in the main menu like this
(havin a subpart ###NEWS_ARCHIVE### in the template):

lib.ARCHIVE_MENU < plugin.tt_news
lib.ARCHIVE_MENU {
	# List View of the archived menues
	templateFile = fileadmin/templates/news/tt_news_v3_template.html
	code >
	code = AMENU
	pid_list >
	pid_list = 14
	singlePid >
	singlePid = 25
	archiveTypoLink.parameter = 24
	archive = 1
	enableArchiveDate = 1
	emptyArchListAtStart = 0
	reverseAMenu = 1
         useHRDates = 1
         useHRDatesSingle = 1
         useHRDatesSingleWithoutDay = 0

	#datetimeDaysToArchive = 90
	#archiveTitleCObject >

	archiveMode = year
	archiveMenuNoEmpty = 1
	archiveHeader_stdWrap = |
	archiveEmptyMsg_stdWrap = There are no archived news.
	archiveTitleCObject {
     	    10 = TEXT
	    10.field = start
     	    10.strftime = %B - %Y
[PIDinRootline = 2]
page.10.subparts.NEWS_ARCHIVE < lib.ARCHIVE_MENU
[GLOBAL]

The functionality works fine, the weird is is just that the %Y won't
show - instead everything is empty (I placed a little bullte graph
before the items, so I could check, wether the links work or not - they do)

Does anybody have any idea, why this is?

When I place the plugin on a page via the Backend Module (and via TS),
everything works fine.

Thanks for any hints!
Regards,
Robert