[TYPO3-ttnews] crop and [more]

ND arosa at gmx.com
Sun Aug 29 01:44:38 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 3 Apr 2007 00:48:50 +0200 schrieb Thomas Hümmler:

> But if a news article consists of a shorter subhead (< 270 chars) plus
> bodytext, there is no link. Right now I habe two workarounds: First to
> crop at about 150 chars, but that doesn't look good in the LATEST-view.
> Second, and that is a situation, I can hardly explain to the editors,
> to put the subhead in the bodytext and wrap an <h>-Tag around. How can
> I manage this situation? I have tried something with general_stdWrap
> and content_stdWrap, but failed. Has somebody any ideas?

Hi Thomas,

if it is still interesting for you, what i don't think ;)

after trying the whole evening, i found a very good solution for each
combination of the two backend-fields:

- morelink when subheader is cropped
- morelink when bodytext is set
- subheader is overwritten when it is empty with cropped bodytext

see the screen attached...

Regards, Andi

plugin.tt_news.displayList{
  subheader_stdWrap >
  # 150 zeichen crop
  subheader_stdWrap.insertData = 1
  subheader_stdWrap.crop = 150 | ...  <div class=""
style="">{register:newsMoreLink}</div>   | 1
  # subheader überschreiben
  subheader_stdWrap.override.cObject = TEXT
  subheader_stdWrap.override.cObject.field = short
  subheader_stdWrap.override.cObject.field.crop = 150 | ... | 1
  subheader_stdWrap.override.cObject.ifEmpty.field = bodytext
  subheader_stdWrap.override.wrap.insertData = 1
  subheader_stdWrap.override.wrap = |  <div class=""
style="">{register:newsMoreLink}</div>
  # subheader überschreiben wenn bodytext nicht leer
  subheader_stdWrap.override.fieldRequired = bodytext