[TYPO3-ttnews] Empty title in tt_news RSS feed when having special chars

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Tue Sep 1 13:32:50 CEST 2009

Did you set your Typo3 to utf-8?
If not, go to install tool, 5: All Configuration, look up all utf-8
fields (one is a checkbox, another a field where you have to enter
"utf-8"), then look for multiplyDBfieldSize and set it to at least 2 (3
when using Asian or Arabic lang).
Save.
Goto 2: Database Analyser, click compare, make updates.

Afterwards the fields should be shown, the Umlaute in strange signs.
Change them with phpmyadmin or the Typo3 backend.

Hope that helps.