[TYPO3-ttnews] rgnewsce and tt_news 3.0

Paul Hansen paul at ecopixel.com
Fri May 29 04:13:47 CEST 2009

First off, I upgraded a very small tt_news setup to the 3.0 t3x. The new
updater worked very well; I'll have to try it with a snapshot of much
more complex tt_news installation next.

At the same time, I decided to try out rgnewsce. Pre-3.0 upgrade, it
worked just fine. Post-3.0 upgrade, most of what rgnewsce does is
extraneous (unnecessary extra tabs), and the way things have moved
around in either flexform or TCA makes it a bit incompatible with
tt_news 3.0 (not surprisingly), but it does still work.

Bringing any content element into news articles via IRRE is utterly
brilliant--I was wondering if incorporating this into tt_news itself
could be considered. Thanks!

Paul