[TYPO3-ttnews] A news counter in LIST view ?

Gregory Loichot gloichot at cross-systems.ch
Wed May 20 17:19:26 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm using tt_news 3.0 to display my news. I'm developing an extension
that extends tt_news and, in particular, in list view mode by adding
markers and so on. But what I would like to do is to be able to count
news that will be displayed in the list... for example to display a
message :

-------------------------
News 1
News 2
News 3
News 4
News 5

There is more than 4 news

News 1
News 2

There is less than 4 news

Do you have any idea how can I do that ? There is no hook in displayList
that allow that... Please help :)

P.-S. : I could execute my sql request (in selectConf) before
displayList do it again... but it would be a loose of time (machine time...)