[TYPO3-ttnews] some new features to test

Kevin James cms.templating at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:06:26 CEST 2009

Hi Rupert

Great job on the tt_news extension, I really love using it.

Some new feature ideas, maybe they are already possible. Please enlighten me.

1) Category: The ability to use TS to hide specific categories or
category branches.

Example:

TCEFORM{
tt_news.category.hideItems = 25,50
}

2) Related Items: The ability to display and group a specific set of
related items by:
a) news "type", db table

Also you should be able to display any table field associated with
that related item customizable by TS if possible.

Example: I have eight (8) related items being associated with a
specific tt_news record.

4 are of the db table tt_content

2 are of the db table tt_news but have the type "internal link"

2 are of the db table tt_news but have the type "external link"

I should now be possible to group each set of data into its own
display wrap and show the associating fields as needed.

Example:

[if dbtable tt_news and type =="external link"]

show <<title>>, <<body>> , <<more link>>

[if dbtable tt_content]

show <<title>>, <<summary>>

[else]

show <<title>>

[end if]

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks