[TYPO3-ttnews] Strange behaviour of ttnews with items without default translation

Jelle van Brenk jelle at framed.nl
Wed Mar 11 15:17:00 CET 2009

Hello,

we've encountered some strange behaviour when using tt_news in one of
our multilingual sites. Site is configured with:

	config.sys_language_mode = strict
	config.sys_language_overlay = 0
	plugin.tt_news.showNewsWithoutDefaultTranslation = 1

For language switching we use sr_lang_menu.

On one of our pages we have an archive view of all the newsitems per
language. So the English site will only display English news and if we
click on the Dutch flag, we only see the Dutch items. So far so good.

The strange behaviour happens when we view a localized news item without
default translation: if we switch the language of e.g. a Dutch news item
(without default translation) to the default language (English), tt_news
still displays the item (in Dutch). Switching the Dutch-only item to
other languages will result in the "Sorry, there is no translation.."
message, wich seems correct behaviour to me.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

Regards,

Jelle van Brenk
Framed