[TYPO3-ttnews] 3.0 and its generic markers

matthibcn matthibcn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:44:49 CEST 2009

Hello list,

I am quite new to tt_news and was using also the extension mbl_newsevent
to have some eventrelated fields in the BE for the editor. Also I have
extended the newsevenst by 2 fields.

It turned out that I wasnßt able to mix up both templates, so it was a
real css hack to get everything in place WHEN I stumkbled today about
this list and the information regarding tt_news 3.0

I had just no idea about this project but was happy to read an
announcement that generic markers are now possible etc pp

I have alos looked at the manual of ttnewsgenericmarkers as it was
mentioned it would work exactly the same and in fact this one does work
just out of the box using 3.0 without any additional extensions as u know:

plugin.tt_news.genericmarkers {

SINGLE {

test = TEXT

test.value = abc

}

So far, so good, but this would be kind of static content so that the need of dynamic DB data is a must and it was mentioned here in the list that "
there is one difference: the parameter "data" is not needed anymore because the cObjects for the markers are now rendered from local_cObj which already is loaded with the" complete news record.

So anyhow and anyway, that sounds really great and is exactly what I ,
and I guess awhole bunch of others, was ever waiting for, but I am
missing a small snippet as I am left now as it does not work as in the
manual, nor with nor without that data

Maybe I am in luck and one can give a short tut on how-to use that
feature as I guess it´ll be a help for a lot of ppl

Thanks very much for this great plugin best regards

matthi