[TYPO3-ttnews] Remove p-Tags from author field

Robert M Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Sun Jan 25 11:12:48 CET 2009

Hi, Tapio
> Tapio Markula
>
>> Because this is not RTE field, there must be config for it in config for
>>  tt_news - or tt_news misses config for the author field and force to
>> use p tags for that field. If that is the case you can create a bug
>> report and as quick fix edit the core of tt_news.
>>

> wrap for author etc. might be in the HTML template like
> Please check that HTML templates don't have unwanted wraps (like
> unwanted DIV, P and BR tags).
> If I remember correctlty HTML templates have at least unwanted BR tags.
> It is better to wrap with DIV, because empty div doesn't add space below
>   like BR tags do.
Thanks for your response, Tapio! You helped me unknot some thoughts
about RTE.
The templates are fine. It is actually - as you say - something that has
to be hacked in the class code of tt_news.
I followed these rules (which actually deal with the subheader, but can
be used for any field):
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-tt-news/2007-November/001388.html

I consider this problem solved and therefore this thread closed.

Regards,
Robert