[TYPO3-ttnews] How to debug RSS?

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Mon Feb 9 21:06:43 CET 2009

I cannot see any problem with the pid_list. Perhaps someone could see what
is wrong if I present the setup. The problem is that the RSS seems to be set
up correctly, but no news items shows up in the RSS.

I am using TYPO3 4.2.1 and tt_news 2.5.2.

=====================================

All news items is stored in systemfolder Page ID = 797

=====================================

The page with the news plugin has Page ID = 1304 and is set up as:
What to display: LATEST
Category mode: Show all
Archive setting (for LIST): Don't care
Startingpoint: News systemfolder (Page id = 797)
Number of alternating template-layouts: 1
PageId for single news display: News single (Page id = 798)
PageId to return to: Homepage (Page id = 1)
The rest is default options

In the root template CONSTANTS I have:

plugin.tt_news {
    displayXML {
       rss2_tmplFile = EXT:tt_news/res/rss_2.tmpl
        xmlFormat = rss2
        xmlnewsfeed_id = 1304
        xmlTitle = Norges bahá'í samfunn
        xmplLink = http://www.mydomain.com
        xmlDesc = Bahá'í-relaterte nyheter
        xmlLang = no
        xmlIcon = fileadmin/templates/tt_news/rss-ikon.jpg
        title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
       title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
       subheader_stdWrap.stripHtml = 1
        subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
        subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
        subheader_stdWrap.crop = 500| ... | 1
        subheader_stdWrap.ifEmpty.field = bodytext
        xmlLastBuildDate = 1
plugin.tt_news.displayXML.xmlLink = http://www.mydomain.com/

===================================
In the root template SETUP I have:

### Header
page.headerData.500 = TEXT
page.headerData.500.value = <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml"
title="RSS-Feed"
href="http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?id={$xmlnewsfeed_id}&type=100" />

# ------------- This enables the xml news feed ---------------------
plugin.tt_news {
    xmlnews = PAGE
    xmlnews {
        typeNum = 100
        20 >
        20 < plugin.tt_news
       20.categoryMode = 0
        20.pid_list = 1304
        20.singlePid = 798
        20.defaultCode = XML
        config {
            disableAllHeaderCode = 1
          additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/xml
            no_cache = 1
           xhtml_cleaning = 0

====================================

In the root remplate Include static I have:
……
plugin.alt.xml(96)

In the root template Include static (from extension) I have:
….
CSS-based tmpl (tt_news)
default CSS-styles (tt_news)
News-feed (RSS,RDF,ATOM) (tt_news)