[TYPO3-ttnews] realurl: simplifying the url

Claudio Strizzolo claudio.strizzolo at ts.nogarb.ageinfn.it
Mon Feb 9 14:57:39 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry
thanks for your reply.

> 1. You can get rid of the "single" page. Use the same page for single
> and list views. This will remove /single_news_view/. Make sure you set
> up 301 redirects in .htaccess to make Google happy.

Almost got it, just I don't understand the 301 stuff: could you please
explain?

BTW, I have discovered a drawback of setting dontUseBackPid in order to
make tt_news build nice paths with realurl. It just stays in the manual
but I hadn't noticed it yet:

  > “dontUseBackPid” will prevent the backPid and all other backPid-
  > related parameters in links from tt_news. The disadvantage of this
  > feature is, that now the backPids from all SINGLE views will point to
  > the same page – the one that is configured as
  > “plugin.tt_news.backPid”.

This is a problem to me, because I need to return back to different pages
from SINGLE views, according to the page listing a category or another.
I'm afraid I'll have to disable dontUseBackPid, although this will create
again ugly URLs.

> 2. You can get rid of the /archive/2009/01/ by tt_news configuration

Do you mean that I get rid of the whole three "/archive/2009/01/"
levels? This is too much: I'd like to keep the year and the month.

> If you want to keep archive information, make a fixedPostVar for that
> page that includes three vars: year, month and news item title.

I looked at some documentation including your precious "RealURL made
easy" pages, and tried in several ways but didn't succeed. Last attempts
were with something like:

'fixedPostVars' => array(
  100 => array {
    'article' => array(
                array(
                  'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[tt_news]',
                  'lookUpTable' => array(
                    'table' => 'tt_news',
                    'id_field' => 'uid',
                    'alias_field' => 'title',
                    'addWhereClause' => ' AND NOT deleted',
                    'useUniqueCache' => 1,
                    'useUniqueCache_conf' => array(
                       'strtolower' => 1,
                       'spaceCharacter' => '-',
                    ),
                  ),
                ),
                array(
                  'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[swords]',
                ),
  ),
),

The "article" part disappears, but the title of the news item too.
Any hints?
Greetings

Claudio