[TYPO3-ttnews] How to show the latest Record, where date is not in the future?

Thomas Kowtsch thomas at kowtsch.de
Wed Aug 12 11:44:30 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm a bit caught in not finding the right idea where to start...

We publish several PDF files on our web page (online editions of printed
brochures); usually they are available somewhat earlier than their
content relates to (e.g., events starting OKT-01; but PDF is available
SEPT-10).

The current valid PDF shall be displayed on the home page - today, this
is done by filling both the news' date field with the date where the
events become valid (eg, OKT-01) and the record start date (also with
OKT-01).
Anyway - this somehow inconvenient for the users as the can see no
reason for filling the date in twice...
In addition, in the complete list of all editions it would be nice to
see the brand new edition as a preview for "whats coming next".

Does anybody has an idea how to catch this? My idea was to somehow
filter for "news date not in the future", but I've no clue how to do it...

Thanks in advance,

Thomas