[TYPO3-ttnews] 3.0 related news by category

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sat Apr 11 17:43:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

I use 3.0 on a site which is online since ~1 month.

The client just noticed that related news by category aren't related by
category *g*

To make relatedNewsByCategory = 1 work at all, I had to patch tt_news 3.0
[1]
Nevertheless I think this has nothing to do with displaying news from other
categories.

This behavior is caused by the following:
$this->config['categoryMode'] = 1;
$this->theCode = 'LIST';
$relNewsByCat = trim($this->displayList($row['uid']));

displayList then calls initList, which calls initCategoryVars, which resets
categoryMode.

I played around yesterday and don't remember exactly at the moment, but it
wasn't enough to re-init categoryMode and catExclusive only if they aren't
already set :(

Has anybody already solved this or some hints?

In v2 it works perfectly because displayList() doesn't call the init()
function.

Thanks for your support!
Steffen

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9173