[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news - ordering multiple elements on one page

Aleksandar Dulovic adulovic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:42:33 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a newspaper portal using 6 tt_news elements in
three columns.
All of the elements are set to display a different amount of latest
news articles, and filter them by categories which denote their
importance.
I have set [excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews = 1] using typoscript, so that
the articles won't get repeated.

Everything works fine except for one small glitch - the order in which
the elements are processed...!

Let's say that I have the following:

| 1 | 2 | 3 |
| 4 | 5 | 6 |

The default processing order seems to be 1,4,2,5,3,6
I would like to set it to something like 1,2,6,4,3,5

I just spent three days racking my brains and experimenting, all to no
avail, so I would really greatly appreciate any helpful words of
advice.

Cheers,
Aleksandar Dulović