[TYPO3-ttnews] TS setup suggestion

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Wed Nov 26 20:12:49 CET 2008

Hi All,

Because I couldn't find back my own post, that I sent yesterday, I
repost this suggestion. Hope you don't mind.

With the current default setup and template you will see a big
whitespace between the title and the article body when you don't fill
the author field. This is because the author field gets wrapped in <p
class="news-single-author">|</p> automatically.

I think it looks rather silly in case you sometimes use the author field
and sometimes not, or have no clue about the author field and just use a
default setup. I suggest to add the following to the default setup so
the whitespace won't show up:

plugin.tt_news {
displaySingle {
author_stdWrap.required = 1
author_stdWrap.wrap = <p class="news-single-author">|</p>

Please let me know what you think, and if this is the right place to
suggest this.

Cheers!

Rik