[TYPO3-ttnews] many categories?

Peter Jones lordavalon at web.de
Thu Nov 6 09:28:33 CET 2008

Hi!

I'm working on a TYPO3-project for a music magazin. The client wants to
group different articles by the names of bands to create a list of related
articles under each text.

Now I consider to simply use the categories. An news-article about the band
"XY" would be assigned to the category "XY".

The problem: The music magazin will be dealing with more than 5000 bands.
That means I need more than 5000 categories.

Is this possible? Or would this solution affect the performace of the server
too much?