[TYPO3-ttnews] Showing specific categories for specific BE-users

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 10:18:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

Im building a portal with 5 different sites. Of course there needs to be
news on these pages to keep the page "living" :-) I've bouild up the 5 sites
and created a SysFolder outside of the 5 sites in order to store the News
and News Categories,  since it might be nescessary to use the news on one
site on another (like mixing news). But, since I've created a "common"
sysfolder for all 5 sites, it can get a bit mixed up when it comes to
categories and who should she what categories. I've builded it up with a
parent category for each page with sub categories, ex:

# News Categories
 - Site 1
  -- Sub cat
  -- Sub cat
 -Site 2
  -- Sub cat
etc.

I've read in the manual, the possibility of "greying out" the categories
(with typoscript) that you are not allowed to see, but is there a
possibility to hide the parent category completely, so the members of "Site
1" are only able to see the sub-categories of "Site 1"?

Best regards

Søren Malling