[TYPO3-ttnews] Items with selected (sub)categories are not visible in FE

Ben van Kruistum ben at wulf.nl
Thu Dec 18 13:40:52 CET 2008

Hello again

It seems that I have found my solution. Digging a bit futher in the code I
found a setting that could be configured by Typoscript but is not documented
in the manual. (I didn't find it)

pluin.ttnews {
    ignoreUseSubcategoriesForAndSelection = 1
}

setting this to one 1 triggers the code to create an sql  that takes care of
selecting news items based on the categories and its subcategories.

In combination with the adjustment in my first post,  this works likes a
charm.

If I place the tt_news plugin and select the categories "News" and "Fiat"
then it will select the items that corresponds to the categories and
subcategories.
The news item with the selected subcategories "Fiat" and "Scoop" will now be
visible in the FE with the above category selection.

"Ben van Kruistum" <ben at wulf.nl> schreef in bericht
news:mailman.1.1229360388.25783.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.netfielders.de...