[TYPO3-ttnews] Setting Number of Records Per Category

James Calhoun james.calhoun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 11:31:48 CET 2008

Hi All,

I have been reading through the tt_news documentation looking for a way to
have list/latest display, say... 3-4 records from each category. That way my
home page can have a collection of records from various categories, but no
category dominates that area because it has been updated more often.

I am using TV on 4.2.3, and recently learned [mostly] how to create a TV
flex content template with a TS object path and then use an ext template to
insert tt_news into that object. So if necessary I can stop using the
flexform in order to acheive my goal, but hopefully with some help!

I came across "listGroupBy" in the documentation, but was unable to get that
to work for me.

Im embarassed to say I also tried "maxCatTexts", just in case it was that
simple.

Am I missing a really simple TS configuration that can handle this?

Is there another approach anyone can recommend?

PS: Reading through tt_news documentation is interesting. Much of it is over
my head, but MAN this is a great, powerful extension. It powers my whole
site.

PPS: The next site I build, all page content will come from TS, no flex
forms, no "page" view   :)

Thanks List,

James Calhoun