[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news extension: Trouble replacing markers

mark schoenbaechler schoema1 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 23:39:09 CET 2008

Hi,

With the help of the kickstarter and Google I managed to add two new fields to tt_news. Now I am having trouble replacing the markers in the template for the SINGLE news display. (I must add that this is my first extension I am working on).

My class that should replace the markers in the tt_news template is the following:

[PHP]
class tx_lparticles_additionalMarkers {
    function extraItemMarkerProcessor($markerArray, $row, $lConf, &$obj) {
        $markerArray['###AUTHORLIST###'] = $obj->pi_RTEcssText($row['tx_lparticles_lp_authors']);
        $markerArray['###SOURCE###'] = $obj->pi_RTEcssText($row['tx_lparticles_lp_sources']);
        return $markerArray;
[/PHP]

The markers are being replaced alright (if I substitute the $obj->...part with a string, the markers are replaced by those), but the resulting tags remain empty. Well, at least I am not getting any errors anymore...  :D
I suppose that there is something wrong with my DB-query.

Can somebody help? I would be grateful for any help!

/Mark.