[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news problems with RealURL

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:47:14 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Christopher wrote:
>> I have two problems with tt_news that are related somehow to RealUrl. I
>> suspect problems with my RealUrl configuration, but I can't nail down a
>> cause (the tt_news sections of the relevant RealUrl config are quite
>> short). Compounding the problem is the fact that the site in question
>> runs TYPO3 4.1.7 on PHP 4.x so I can't use the newest RealUrl. All
>> suggestions welcome.
>
> Hmmm. It means that support will be complicated :( I do not even know what those old version do.

Yes, I sympathize :) Unfortunately, this client is reluctant to upgrade
a working system to PHP 5.

I've encountered this once before (same site) and it seemed to not to be
a problem with RealUrl directly, but rather the result of MySql being
unable to write to the chash cache table (there were 29000 rows in the
table on a site with maybe 1000 pages and articles)--simply truncating
the table solved it then. Now, though the symptoms are identical, the
cause seems to be different.

D'you have any ideas? As I mentioned, all I've managed to discover is
that the chash cache is somehow implicated (the extension is v. 1.4.0 by
the way).

>> Problem 1: Multiple links point to one news item
>
> Examples?..
>
>> Problem 2: Individual news items not indexed when RealUrl enabled
>
> If you use indexed search, RealURL should not affect it. Set up crawler and use it to index news as records.

This one was, as I suspected, a problem with my RealUrl
configuration--see Georg's message in this thread.

-- Christopher