[TYPO3-ttnews] Single news and list on same page - active news in single should not show in list

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Fri Apr 4 19:47:59 CEST 2008

I have a page with list and single news.

The page is accesible both through a teaser on frontpage and through navigation
menu. Because of the latter, the page is configured through TS to show latest
article as default news.

And everything works like it should, except one thing. I don't want the active
news in single to show in the list.

I have tried with:
plugin.tt_news.excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews = 1

but then the latest news disappear form the list completly. For the rest
of the news in the list it works perfect.

Someone who know any solution to this problem. I know

The TYPO3 version is 4.2.0RC1, tt_news version 2.5.0, TV is used, and the
single view is defined through at TypoScript Object, and the list is a normal
tt_news FE plugin. The TS i shown below.

<-- snip -->
lib.tsElement >
lib.tsElement < plugin.tt_news
lib.tsElement {
    code >
    code = SINGLE
    pid_list >
    pid_list = 57
    catImageMode = 0
    catTextMode = 0
    templateFile = fileadmin/templates/news/tt_news_single.html
}

plugin.tt_news._LOCAL_LANG.default.noNewsIdMsg = &nbsp;
#plugin.tt_news._LOCAL_LANG.no.noNewsIdMsg = done it
#plugin.tt_news.excludeAlreadyDisplayedNews = 1
plugin.tt_news.singlePid = 119
plugin.tt_news.templateFile = fileadmin/templates/news/tt_news_single.html

tmp.pagecontent < lib.tsElement

lib.tsElement >

lib.tsElement = COA
lib.tsElement {
  10 = CONTENT
  10.table = tt_news
  10.select {
    pidInList = 57
    orderBy = datetime desc
    max = 1
  }
  10.stdWrap.if.isFalse.data = GPvar:tx_ttnews|tt_news
  20 < tmp.pagecontent
}

<-- snip -->

PS! I know I probably could solve this through an userFuncMenu, where I'm
using display:none on the active state.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no