[TYPO3-ttnews] help: tt_news, rss and RealURL

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 16:57:27 CEST 2007

Hi Dirk,

The following configuration will allow you syndicate tt_news articles
using RealUrl.

RealURL config:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
   'fileName' => array(
     'index' => array(
       'rss.xml' => array('keyValues' => array('type' => 100)),
       'rss091.xml' => array('keyValues' => array('type' => 101)),
       'atom03.xml' => array('keyValues' => array('type' => 102)),
       'atom.xml' => array('keyValues' => array('type' => 103)),
       'rdf.xml' => array('keyValues' => array('type' => 104)),
     ),
   ),
);

Template TS Constants:

### News settings ###
plugin.tt_news {
   displayXML {
     xmlCaching = 1
     xmlFormat = rss2
     xmlTitle = Feed name
     xmlDesc = Feed description
     xmlLink = http://www.domain.com
     xmlLimit = 15
     xmlLang = en
     xmlIcon = path/to/logo.gif

Template TS Setup:

### RSS 0.91 feed ###
rss091Feed < xmlnews
rss091Feed {
   typeNum = 101
   10.displayXML.xmlFormat = rss091
}

### Atom 0.3 feed ###
atom03Feed < xmlnews
atom03Feed {
   typeNum = 102
   10.displayXML.xmlFormat = atom03
}

### Atom 1.0 feed ###
atom1Feed < xmlnews
atom1Feed {
   typeNum = 103
   10.displayXML.xmlFormat = atom1
}

### RDF feed ###
rdfFeed < xmlnews
rdfFeed {
   typeNum = 104
   10.displayXML.xmlFormat = rdf
}

Now make sure you have the 'News-feed (RSS,RDF,ATOM)' static template
included in your root template. Also make sure you have properly
configured the following tt_news constants:

plugin.tt_news {
   pid_list = [Page UID where your news articles are stored]
   singlePid = [Page UID where your SINGLE news plugin is located]
}

Clear your cache and you should now be able to view your syndication
feeds at the following addresses:

http://www.domain.com/rss.xml [RSS 2.0]
http://www.domain.com/rss091.xml [RSS 0.91]
http://www.domain.com/atom03.xml [Atom 0.3]
http://www.domain.com/atom.xml [Atom 2.0]
http://www.domain.com/rdf.xml [RDF]

If you have multiple news repositories you can also access their
individual feeds by targeting their LIST page UID (as long as you have
configured the tt_news constants pid_list and singlePid using an
extension template):

http://www.domain.com/news/press-releases/rss.xml
http://www.domain.com/news/events/rss.xml
etc.