[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news category question

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 15:11:49 CET 2007

Hi Ercan,

You have two options:

- Extend tt_news using the 'extraItemMarkerHook' hook in order to
override the '###TEXT_CAT###' marker if no categories have been selected.

- Force the selection of at least one category by altering the
validation of the category field. This can be done by adding the
following lines to your 'typo3conf/extTables.php' file:

t3lib_div::loadTCA('tt_news');
$TCA['tt_news']['columns']['category']['config']['minitems'] = 1;

Hope this helps,

Oliver

--
Oliver Rowlands