[TYPO3-ttnews] Categories Menu help

Cray Flatline cray at mass-media.net
Sat Jul 21 14:14:54 CEST 2007

Martin Holtz wrote:

And one more question.

I want to make such thing: I want make CATMENU show only subcategories
of current category of all categories if it on the root category. As I
understand it this construction I have to set not just 10, but 10 (if I
on the root category) or current category id if not. Can you help me
with it? ((:
     table = tt_news_cat
     select {
       # the category folder(s)
       pidInList = 36
       andWhere = parent_category = 10
     }

I tried make it with [globalVar GP:tx_ttnews|cat > 0] but doesn't work.

can you help me?

> Hi Cray Flatline,
>
>> I'm using such TS to show first level of categories as menu. But as you
>> see, it gives links not compartible with realurl. Can anybody help me to
>> make menu to show not index.php?id=32.... but /news/Company-News.html
>> links there?
> use typolink
>
>> temp.leftmenu = CONTENT
>> temp.leftmenu {
>>        table = tt_news_cat
>>        select {
>>            # the category folder(s)
>>            pidInList = 36
>>            andWhere = parent_category = 10
>>        }
>>        renderObj = COA
>>        renderObj.wrap = <li>|</li>
>>        renderObj {
>>            10 = TEXT
> 10.field = title
> 10.wrap = <span>|</span>
> 10.typolink.parameter = 32
> 10.typolink.additionalParams = &tx_ttnews[cat]={field:uid}
> 10.typolink.additionalParams.insertData = 1
> # i think that should work, it not check for typo

Thanks a lot. It works.  (:

>>        }
>>    }
>>

>> ==