[TYPO3-ttnews] HTML import in tt_news db

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Fri Jan 26 10:12:30 CET 2007

> Some extract of the php code you can find here (in german):
> http://www.typo3forum.net/forum/news-tt_news-mininews-und-co/18569-tt_news-2-4-datenimport.html
>
> The import works well...only two cases which are not solved yet:
>
> 1. - when you have images or files in your messages, they are not shown
> 2. - when you have different languages you can see only the messages in
> your default language
>
> For case one i found a "workaround": i made an "dummy" news message and
> attached to it the images and files which were needed in the imported
> messages. I left the message "hidden" and saved it. Now the imges and
> files appear in the other messages. Four of this dummy messages where
> enough for me to attach the 40 files i needed :)

so why does it work that way ... and whats wron with that solution

typo3 is storing the tt_news file-uploads in the folder uploads/tx_ttnews

in the news record a list of comma seperated record is stored without
the path.

so your solution works because the names of the files are created based
on the original names.

the problem is: now your files are referenced by two news records. if
one of them is deleted the typo3 core engine will delete the file to and
second. the solution will not work if some filenames are duplicated.

regards Martin