[TYPO3-ttnews] Menu of categories - show subtree of categories without the parent category

Amiran Chyb amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 16:28:37 CET 2007

Hi there

I'd like to create a multidimensional news categorization, just like in
tt_news documentation.
http://typo3.org/typo3temp/tx_terdoc/documentscache/t/t/tt_news-2.4.0/docbook/pictures/10000000000000BF000000A781BDF10B.png

To follow the example from the picture, I'd like to display menu of
categories (in 'nested wraps' mode) with parent category 'Extensions'.

Unfortunately there's no way to exclude the parent category ('extensions'
itself) from the list - I have to add its PID to includelist TS property
to display its subtree, but adding it to excludelist at the same time
exlcudes also all its subcategories (of course).

Before I start creating additional TS property (like
'excludePIDWithoutChildren') I'd like to know if there's way to achieve it
with current tt_news state. The dirty hack with 'display:none' comes to my
mind, but unfortunately the wraps are constructed in such way, that
applying a class attribute to level N in a tree applies it also to level
N+1 so the markup becomes:

so every css property applied to level-1 is also applied its child nodes.

thanks for suggestions

greets
Am