[TYPO3-ttnews] RSS import?

Staffan Ericsson staffan at zytor.com
Fri Jan 5 18:31:48 CET 2007

ben van 't ende [netcreators] skrev:
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> Staffan Ericsson wrote:
>>
>>> But it doesn't run automatically. Does any one know a trick or four to
>>> make it happen?
>> you could of course go and extend it in a way that it gets executed
>> through a CLI script and send the changes to the original author...
>
> Hi,
>
> I ran into the same problem. It is no use if this is not done automatically.
> What might be smart if you want to do that automatically is to provide a way to
> remove records older than a given age. The amount of records will ofcourse grow
> and grow.

Made a ugly hack of feed of fees so it writes to tt_news records.

It lacks some features but it does the work for me. It saves new records
 but never removes old ones (could maybe be added by editing some of the
out commented source code).

The hack is available from
http://www.sverok.se/fileadmin/typo3hacks/feedonfeeds-0.1.9-typo3-version.tar.gz

It got a SQL error when it comes to creating another field in the
tt_news table (feed_id, int, not null) but so far as I have tested works.

.staffan