[TYPO3-ttnews] preserve linebreaks in db when using textbox

Stefan Kaufmann kaufmann at dwwd.ch
Fri Jan 5 13:01:06 CET 2007

Hello,

I am using a normal textbox for some fields in tt_news and I would like
that linebreaks (when pressing ENTER) are preserved in database and
displayed when viewing the article. Unfortunately this is not the case.
It seems the linebreaks are saved in database but when viewing the
article in the frontend the linebreaks are gone and text appears without
break. How can I tell tt_news or typo3 to change this behaviour?
Thanks for your help.
Stefan Kaufmann